- 12-year-old girl: I don't want kids when I grow up.
- Society: You'll change your mind when you get older. You're only 12. You're too young to know what you want.
- 16-year-old girl: I'm pregnant.
- Society: How could you be so stupid? Do you know anything about safe sex? You should be ashamed.
- 20-year-old woman: I'm a single mother with an infant son.
- Society: You should've gone to college first. You need a stable career before you can support a child.
- 33-year-old woman: I'm married and my spouse and I both have stable careers. I have two young daughters now.
- Society: You're not staying home? Who's going to take care of them? You're just going to put them in day care while you work? That's selfish of you. You can't expect to raise decent kids with a full-time job.
- 45-year-old woman: I just had my first child.
- Society: Why would you have a child when you're that old? Do you realize the health risks of being pregnant at your age? When your kid is a teenager you'll be a senior citizen. That's inconsiderate of you.
- 60-year-old woman: I haven't had any children.
- Society: Your life must be so unfulfilling. Is there something wrong with you? Why didn't you want kids? How strange.
"If you can’t afford birth control pills, just don’t have sex!"
The birth control pill has many uses other than simple birth control (I know, the name is misleading). Most people who go on the pill do it for reasons other than preventing pregnancy. Extremely painful cramps, irregular period cycle, heavy flows, and acne are amongst just a few things the pill can help regulate.
Don’t get me started.
I think people don’t understand what the unemployment rate means. It means the number of jobs there ARE compared to the number of people there are looking for jobs.
People seem to somehow think that the unemployment rate is the number of people sitting around unemployed, as if there are thousands of companies with open positions and since the unemployed people all keep sitting on their butts, those companies are just somehow getting by without filling those positions????
The unemployment rate is the number of people who will be left over after all of the available jobs are filled.
It’s the number of people who are going to be wasting all of their waking hours each week looking for jobs that don’t exist.
I have fruit polos and lollypops be jealous.
omg do many people not know what fruit polos are? they are heaven
In America, we call them lifesavers. They can be chewy or hard candy.
polos aren’t chewy and they also come in mint.
this week on: britan thinks its special
This week on america copies everything from Britain.
HOLD THE FUCK UP
the worst thing about brokeback mountain is how they turned it into a joke here was a high profile drama with a-list actors and lgbt protagonists and then everybody just wrote it off and labeled it as “that gay cowboy movie” when they aren’t even gay cowboys they’re bisexual shepherds this is why we can’t have nice things